Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Photoshop Plug-Ins

What would be the one Photoshop Plug-In I would not want to do without? Tough one ... I am a plug-in junkie. Love them!! Get sucked in by the newest, coolest ones. But if I had to choose just one, it would be Nik Sharpener Pro. I have been using Nik Sharpener for years and pretty much every one of my photos runs through this plug-in, just to be sure its the crispest it can be. I have the whole Nik suite and their software is some of my favorites, but there is lots of cool stuff out there ... OnOne, AutoFx, Flaming Pear, Imagenomic, Topaz ... they all offer things a photographer can use. Plug-ins are a great way to make Photoshop even more powerful for you and help your images to perhaps sing in new ways. But as a junkie, I give this warning, be careful not to overuse them ... its easy to get carried away, piling on effects. There is a balance point, just like with any art, a place where you need to stop before you ruin it ... use them to make a great image even better, you'll know when its right, that "aha" moment. Then 'Stop'! Don't just use it because its new or cool, if it doesn't step up the artistic quality of your image. Drives me crazy to see inappropriate filters applied to an image. Hang in there, the right image will come along to use that filter.

1 comment: