Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Art After Dark is this Friday!

Wow, it is hard to believe it is almost here ... and well, I am still busy painting ... ha, ha!!  I wanted to have some fresh new things, right off the easel ... it just seemed to fit with the event.  We are really thrilled about Art After Dark this Friday.  The concept in general is so cool ...  to have the opportunity to enjoy music and art together for an evening and I was honored to be invited to participate.

I will have my large, abstract acrylic paintings with me.  I am getting back into my foundations, and painting and drawing often again.  Of course, I am not giving up photography, I love it, but it has been fantastic to be delving back into these other forms of creative expression.  I took off the spring term from teaching, just to have this kind of opportunity to explore my own projects, and I am loving it.  I can get so lost in the colors ... hours pass by before I touch back with reality.

I will also be painting while at the event on Friday.  I have the canvas all prepped and I am really excited to see where the evening takes my brush.  The music, the interactions, they will all touch the canvas.  And I wanted everyone to have the chance for this type of experience, so I am setting up an art table so those attending can create their own works of art.  I might have a couple of surprises along with me, too ...

E. M. Spencer will be there playing their music.  I have been listening to them on line and can't wait to hear them in person!

All in all, it should be a great night ... if you are in the DC area, I hope that you will come on out and enjoy it with us.

9 comments: