Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

An iPhone Experiment


I did a little experiment yesterday while I was out teaching ... I did not bring my camera with me, just my iPhone.  I took two images on our walk back to the Arts Barn and these are what I came up with.

They did take a little bit of work in Photoshop, because I could not adjust any settings during capture, but that little gadget does not do too bad in a pinch.  These were taken late afternoon, so the light was getting low and pretty contrasty, especially shooting out of the shadows.  I cropped to square, sharpened them to compensate for hand holding the camera, I adjusted the levels just slightly, I toned down the highlights using a graduated neutral density filter and added the frame. 

I may try going back out with my regular camera and tripod and reshooting this afternoon, just to compare.  Anyway, fun experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment