Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hanging ...

I had a nice time this morning, helping to hang a new art show at Black Rock.  The Center graciously allows the Art League of Germantown to meet in their space in exchange for our membership providing volunteer services, such as helping to hang new shows in the gallery.  In addition to doing my part to help, I think it's good for the soul to spend some time with others artwork.  This is an interesting exhibit ... a mix of wood sculpture, acrylic painting, and photos on fiber.  I was especially interested in the wood sculpture, something I have never done and helping to hang it, meant I got to be up close, far away and touch it. It's really fascinating.  I also learned about hanging some really big, heavy pieces of artwork and brushed up some general hanging mechanics ... also good stuff!  All in all, a positive way to spend a few hours of early 2011 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment