Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Playing Around

Isn't it fun playing around with camera equipment?  And especially fun when you get a new toy.  I recently invested in a new 70-200mm lens that I am loving and I also upgraded my very old Speedlight, so it will actually talk to my D700.  I haven't done this sooner because frankly, I prefer natural light or full-on studio strobes ... but I may be a convert.

Since the only "willing" subjects I have ready access to are the dogs, they are my models.  Not a bad thing, they are pretty cute!

Here are some of the photos ... yes, I know, they are not the greatest images, I was more fiddling with equipment, just seeing what things can do.  But thought I would share.

Trace on the Stairs I - No flash, taken at 195 mm; 1/30 at f2.8 ISO 450


Trace and the Flash - off camera flash, taken at 135 mm, 1/60 at f2.8, ISO 200

Logan - flash on hot shoe, taken at 175 mm, 1/60 at f2.8, ISO 200

Trace w/ Window Backlight - flash on hot shoe, taken at 200 mm, 1/60 at f2.8, ISO 200

This next series were taken in a dark room, with just a slight ambient light from the window in the bathroom ... my iPhone could not pick up anything ... ran and got the camera and used the flash set super low and bouncing of the ceiling.


Comfy Trace II - flash on hot shoe, taken at 122 mm, 1/60 at f2.8, ISO 200

Comfy Trace IV - flash on hot shoe, taken at 122 mm, 1/60 at f2.8, ISO 200

If you are photo nerd like me and want to talk tech, I am game!

No comments:

Post a Comment