Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

What's Playing?

What am I listening to in the studio, while I am working at the computer? My current favorite is: Mary Chapin Carpenter's The Age of Miracles. She has always been one of my favorites and I was really happy to see the new release. It's wonderful new work ... another classic.

About: The Age of Miracles is the 3rd Zoe/Rounder release from world renowned singer-songwriter Mary Chapin Carpenter. The Age of Miracles has been a work in progress since 2007. The album is a personal exploration of regret and resilience but also a larger, more universal expression of wonder at the times we are living in. Carpenter is backed by an incredible band that includes Matt Rollings (piano, B-3 organ), Russ Kunkel (drums), Duke Levine (electric and acoustic guitar), Glenn Worf (bass), Dan Dugmore (steel and 12 string guitar) and Eric Darken (percussion). It also features guest vocals by Vince Gill and Alison Krauss.

No comments:

Post a Comment